Hand-made by impoverished mothers in informal settlements outside Cape Town, Philani products are well-known for their vibrant colours and lively, uniquely South African designs. Practically priced and individually produced, Philani products make creative, high-quality gifts - for you or your family and friends.
Our service to you
- Orders of all sizes: we can take orders large or small for any Philani product. Depending on stock, we may be able to supply immediately or produce items especially for you. Please enquire about our wholesale prices for bulk orders
- Commissions: we can meet your specific needs, preparing designs for you or working with your own designs, whether for a bulk order or one-off items
- Shipping: we can arrange for dispatch and all necessary documents to almost anywhere in the world by sea or air, at competitive rates
Why choose Philani products?
- Unique: every handmade Philani product is completely individual
- Quality: all Philani woven and printed products are machine-washable, run-proof and ironable
- Caring: every item you purchase will help a South African mother living in poverty to become empowered and improve her own and her children's lives
- Environmental: all woven products are made from t-shirt material recycled from garment factories. All products are handmade, so very few of the earth's resources are utilized
- Fairly traded: mothers are self-employed and 75% of the proceeds of every item sold goes direct to the mother who made it (25% is retained to meet part of the costs of materials and training)
- HIV/AIDS: in a country where HIV sufferers remain stigmatized, buying Philani products will help increase economic independence and decrease risk of infection for many women
- Funky: Township prints and jewellery made of safety pins and glass beads are African without being clichéd - Xhosa people know their style!
To enquire or purchase, please use the Enquiry form